Friday, September 10, 2010

Oasis

It's pouring rain outside, so I'm enjoying a relaxing Friday evening in, catching up on watching The Daily Show and The Colbert Report, eating nachos and drinking a Chilsung Cider:


"Cider" doesn't really mean the same thing here that it does back home.  Chilsung Cider tastes almost exactly like Sprite or 7-Up.

Things have been going fairly well for me.  The kids that I teach are amazing, and incredibly friendly and inquisitive.  My favorite part really has been teaching the classes so far.

I've joined a few meet-up groups, hoping to meet some fellow English-speakers.  One group, called "Seoullites," is meeting for a dinner/karaoke night next Saturday, the 18th.  I don't think I'll take part in the karaoke, but so far 27 people have signed up to go, so I think I have a good chance at meeting some fellow world travelers.

One oasis I have found, and for which I am very grateful:



I was pretty excited when I heard about this place.  It really felt like being back home when I went inside, and I'll definitely be going back for Tuesday wing night!

I hope this post finds everyone well, and I look forward to talking to you all very soon!

4 comments:

Miramanee said...

That sounds so awesome! Going out with groups seems to be the best way to meet new people. I'm going to be doing that here soon and I can't wait!

GreenFlora47 said...

Thanks for the new blog. Great to hear from you once again. Sounds like things are going well.

GreenFlora47 said...

It's now our Friday evening - probably your early Saturday morning!

Dan Gunther said...

9:30pm on Friday for you is 12:30pm on Saturday for me!